Town of Plainfield, MA

304 Main Street, Plainfield, MA 01070

413-634-5420

Visit: website

This town was formerly part of Cummington, and with that town was sold by Col. John Cummings, of Concord, in 1762. The first meeting of the proprietors was held at Concord, in December of that year. Many of the first settlers came from Bridgewater and Abington. Plainfield was incorporated a district of Cummington in 1785, and in 1807 was incorporated a distinct town. (Site built 2016)

Image of Home Page

Town of Plainfield, MA

Image of Home Page

Town of Plainfield, MA

304 Main Street, Plainfield, MA 01070

413-634-5420
website

This town was formerly part of Cummington, and with that town was sold by Col. John Cummings, of Concord, in 1762. The first meeting of the proprietors was held at Concord, in December of that year. Many of the first settlers came from Bridgewater and Abington. Plainfield was incorporated a district of Cummington in 1785, and in 1807 was incorporated a distinct town. (Site built 2016)